WELCOME TO MY JOURNEY!

I named my blog NewLifeLine because I feel my hair is taking on a new path. Been threw all the deadly stages of processing, breakage, and damaging my hair.. NOW, it's time to for a more lively, free, natural direction....a new life!! ..my new, beautiful, and natural hair journey....



Monday, April 25, 2011

1 YEAR!!!

TODAY makes ONE YEAR for my Sisterlocks!!!! Seems like it has taken a long time to get here lol. I can look back at earlier pictures and see a big difference from where my hair first started off. My hair actually looks more like locks since I chopped off 2-2.5 inches from the ends. They weren't thicking or locking but was actually trying to do so further up the lock, so I cut my hair maybe an .5 in from where my hair is trying to bud. The only thing I've been thinking about these days is adding highlights! Need some sprucing up! Nothing has drastically changed in maintenance, still braiding and banding when I washed. I am no longer using the Sisterlock shampoo. I am currently using Soul Purpose Brazilian Jackfruit body gel/shampoo and for my daily moisture I am using Healthy Locs daily conditioning mist, two items that I ordered from Videolocktician.com, and I LOVE them, my hair always smells good and holds the right amount of moisture. All products have natural ingredience, no alcohol! Visit the site and check out some of those products!




I'm currently due for a re-tightening, which I am getting tomorrow. Was pushed back from Friday due to work issues. So I'll be posting before and after pictures maybe Wednesday!


Here are 1st days pics, 1month pics, 6 months, 9 months and the most recent picture


DAY ONE-------------AND-------------1 MONTH




6 MONTHS-------------AND--------9MONTHS


went to a 80's skate party in this one lol..taken 4/9/2010

2 comments: